Monday, March 5, 2012

Dogs

We are house sitting for my aunt and uncle while they are away for 2 weeks. That means that we get to enjoy the company of 3 crazy canines.

Zorro you have met before. Let me introduce Mariah and Sissy:


Can you get any more opposite on the poodle spectrum?

The little white fluff is Sissy who apparently owns all humans.


Mariah is so sweet and very well trained! If you're gonna have a dog that size, you better train it well!


For the most part, all 3 dogs ignore each other and lounge in different places around the room. However, if we try to play with one (usually Zorro), Sissy will run up and bark because only she deserves attention, and Mariah will bound around wanting to play and often steal the toy. Why can't they just play together?

Mariah often sits in the foyer, watching out the window so that she can sound the alarm if anything at all goes on outside. At these times, we are privileged to enjoy a chorus of 3 part harmony.

The bed we are sleeping on is about 3.5 feet off the ground. Zorro cannot jump onto it, but he also cannot sleep in his own bed (For fear of the other dogs? Loneliness from lack of our attention?) and thus must be picked up like a child. Also, he is afraid to jump down. So he will whine or yip in the morning to wake us up so that he can get down. Don't tell my sister.

All in all, I actually really enjoy having 3 dogs around. There is always a being to give you some attention if your husband is reading Mac rumors; or to sit on your lap and cuddle you if your husband is making dinner. Dogs really are great companions and I can see why some people treat them like their children. If I didn't want to have kids, I would have a herd of dogs!

Personally, I am not big on big dogs. Don't tell anyone, but maybe I am a little scared. More intimidated than scared. I mean, who isn't intimidated by something that can knock you down, and wants to. It's the rowdy ones that I fear the most. Kevin and I would like to get a husky some day. That would be the biggest I could do. Once I saw dogs that looked like polar bears!! It was magical, though I never have been able to see a dog that looked the same.

Do you love dogs? Or just your dog? What is your favorite breed?

No comments:

Post a Comment