Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Shower Singing

I used to be an avid shower singer. For that matter, I used to be an avid alone singer. I was really into music in high school (who isn't?) and I super enjoyed belting out the lyrics! I was privileged for a few years to have my own spacious shower with great acoustics. 



When choosing a shower song, the most important thing is that you know the lyrics. You don't want to end up in a vicious cycle, or have to do some "bum ba bum"s in the middle of your anthem. I always try to choose songs which I consider in my range (which is very limited). It's also great if there is a dramatic belting or yell at some point in the song. The most perfect example: Scream from High School Musical 3. 

That's right. 





Ballads are good too. American Pie is great to show off your memory skills, or challenge them. 

And it you're really brave, you can take your talent outside the tiled walls, in front of a mirror, and add some dance moves! Or if you're a gymnast, a warehouse might be a good place to blow off some steam. 

Whatever the case, singing out loud is a great way to forget the day! 

Participate responsibly. 

What's your favorite shower song?

1 comment: