Saturday, February 18, 2012

Seeds of Strength #5

A fact that has always been true about me, and that I recently discovered is a trait common to introverts, is that it communicate more easily through the written word. With that, I am more comfortable sharing information in writing than speaking. So, I'm going to jump right into this relationship and enlighten you on my innermost workings. What better way to do that than through Tom Rath's Strengths Finder 2.0?



About 2 years ago, everyone I knew was taking this assessment and discussing their results. I LOVE learning about myself and why I do things the way I do. I am very introspective. Plus, it helps me not feel like a scrooge when I can call it a strength! But alas, the book cost $25 and you can't take the test without buying the book. And there was NO WAY I was buying myself a $25 book. 

I asked for it for Christmas. This year. I was so excited for take the test! I laughed out loud at how extreme I was on one end of the other of some of the questions! And I shared them with Kevin, who was slightly less interested. Ever since I received my results and read their summaries, I have been explaining to everyone which trait plays into each of my weirdities. And now I will share with you. 

Just so I don't scare you away, I'll just give you #5 today, then work up to the big #1.


There are all the strengths arranged into category.

#5. Deliberative (So as not to plagiarize, I will just include key words and facts.) 

Careful. Vigilant. Private. Sense risks- identify, assess and reduce. Serious. Reserved. Plan ahead. Anticipate what might go wrong. Select friends cautiously. Life is not a popularity contest, it is a minefield. Walk with care. 

Nailed it! 



No comments:

Post a Comment