Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Daisy's Baby Shower: ModPodge Letters

I wanted to make something for Daisy, and decided on something for the nursery. I knew that Deb wasn't really sure what she wanted in there, but I was pretty confident that she would like having Daisy's name. So I created this:

I bought these white wood letters from JoAnn's. They were on sale! Also, they had several letter styles and sizes to choose from! These were the only script type, and just the right size!

My other sister had left these leftover scrapbook pages in her room which I now occupy. (She gave me permission to use them.)
Purple, green, and blue daisy pages.
Step one, trace the letter on the back side of paper. Since my pages were small, I had to use pieces. 

Here is the top half of my "s". 


Cut over the traced lines, and it should fit perfectly to the top of the letter, like so.


To cover the corners, I lined up my extra paper on the edge, flipped it over, and traced the remaining piece needed. 

To attach the paper to the wood, I used diluted school glue. Just mix it up with water like pancake mix. Not too liquidy, but thin enough to spread around. Apply like mod-podge: first under the paper to affix to the wood, then on top of the paper to smooth it out. Wipe away any excess glue so it's not lumpy. I used a sponge brush. A paint brush works also, but is a little more streaky. 

I can't believe I didn't get a close up picture of the finished result.  I will try to post pictures  of it in the nursery when it is complete. 




1 comment:

  1. There is an up-close photo of the D from the Kennedy maternity shoot! :-)

    ReplyDelete