Monday, May 14, 2012

Disconnect

Last night we returned home from Atlanta. The trip was great! We attended a beautiful wedding of great friends, at which we were also able to catch up with old college friends!



I attended a pretty crazy bachelorette party, filled with giggles and fun. We visited and caught up with friends, and also met new friends! We were able to meet with some people to share about joining our ministry team. We scouted out Kennesaw for places to live. And we even got to visit the Atlanta Historic Center for National Public Gardens Day!! What a treat! Check this out:



I didn't even think about missing Zorro! ...I always miss Zorro.
Don't be fooled. He never misses me.
It was a really great trip and I had a lot of fun!

However, as we drove home, with each mile my heart got tighter. At first I thought I was just worn out from all of the social interaction, but it was more that. I didn't want to be alone to rejuvenate; I wanted to be around the people who know me. We came home to an empty house on Mother's Day- no mother, no father, and no Zorro. I felt lonely. And the scary part is that this will be my life in x months. I trust that the Lord has a plan and that it is good, but I am preparing myself, knowing that it will be hard.

There are so many wonderful people in Atlanta, and I look forward to building friendships with them! But in the meantime, I live in a perpetual state of disconnect.

Man, I never knew I was so socially crippled until I hit post grad. Watch out, grads! It'll getcha!

1 comment: