Thursday, April 19, 2012

Somebody That I Used to Know

I have had this song by Gotye featuring Kimba on repeat for the past 5 days. I heard it a while back on the radio and immediately looked it up because I loved the sound. It's so catchy and different from most songs on the radio. Recently we watched the episode of Glee featuring Matt Bomer (Neal Caffrey from White Collar) singing half of the duet, and then it was stuck in my head. The next day I purchased it. Pure gold.

I said I was going to listen to it on repeat until I knew all the words. I know all the words now. And having all those words swirling around in my head makes me want to share them with the world! I considered using a line as my Facebook status, but quickly realized that it just doesn't make sense for me to do that. Not a single line from the song would be fitting for me to post. In fact, it might even be inappropriate! Which got me thinking about the popularity of these songs of bitterness about past relationships that the singer never quite recovers from. Are they so appealing because people actually relate to them? Well, maybe more people need to let it out in song! It's highly therapeutic!

Anyways, I suggest you take a listen or ten to this lovely tune. (Disclaimer: artsy video.)


And if you don't watch Glee (because it's just too much of a mess of drama!), you should still get your tissues our and enjoy this scene. (Disclaimer: they are brothers.)


No comments:

Post a Comment