Friday, April 20, 2012

Pizza Hut Buffet

When I was a child, my family occasionally went out to eat. I mean, feeding five can get expensive! One of my fondest restaurant memories is the Pizza Hut Buffet. Despite my limited pallet of cheese and only cheese pizza, I loved this opportunity! You know why? The cinnamon breadsticks. 

Since those days I have learned 2 things about Pizza Hut: 1. You can order those cinnamon breadsticks just like regular breadsticks and 2. most Pizza Hut's are take out only. If you are lucky enough to find an eat-in Pizza Hut, the odds of them having a buffet are slim. In the past several years, we have driven the I-75 route to and from Atlanta many times. In our travels, we learned that there is at least 1 Pizza Hut off of the interstate that has an all-you-can-eat lunch buffet Monday-Friday. It seemed that every time we encountered such an establishment it was either a Saturday or Sunday, or it was late in the evening. 

On our most recent trip, however, we landed the perfect circumstances! I was so excited that we didn't even enquire about the cost! We jumped right in with the 2 fresh pizzas on the island. I anxiously ate my pizza thinking, "They might not even put the cinnamon breadsticks on the buffet anymore. Why would they? We are the only ones here. They wouldn't waste that deliciousness on 2 people!" 

And then the waiter brought out a fresh, hot pan of the most delicious sweetness ever! 


My life was complete in that moment. 


A well balanced meal.

My mouth is watering now as I tell you about it. 

Why do all my favorite cinnamon foods have to cease? Hold on to your sweet, cinnamon memories! Those treats won't last forever!

No comments:

Post a Comment